Java based file explorer. Tested with Mac OS X 10.5 and Windows XP. Added features missing from Finder: 1)Editable Location bar. 2)Cut and Paste. 3)Paste merges folder contents. New Features: 4) Queued file transfers. 5) Open folder in new window.
- Editable Location bar (Mac OS X finder does not have this)
- Cut and Paste files (Mac OS X Finder does not CUT)
- Paste Merges folders of the same name (Mac OS X Finder Replaces)
- Que File Transfers
- Right click create .DMG (Mac OS X only feature)
- Open folders in New Window or New Tab
Barely usable. Does not follow Windows "shortcuts" (understandable, as Microsoft developers did these in an idiotic manner, but nonetheless we have to live with them - not handling them is unacceptable). Can't drag and drop (have to "Cut" (which does not cut, but copies), paste, then delete the original.
Finally, an open source Finder replacement! I can't wait to see this project grow.