Erebus is a 2D real-time role-playing game, for Windows, Linux, Symbian and Android. This is under development, though already playable with three quests. Classic point-n-click style RPG, with dungeons to explore, enemies to fight, NPCs to talk to, sub-quests to complete, scenery to interact with, weapons, treasure and other items to find. Also supports Rogue-like keyboard controls.
Binaries available for Windows and Android. Linux must be compiled from source. Older versions are available for Symbian.
I am also developing the underlying game engine so that it can potentially be used to create new RPGs.
- Multiple quests (currently three, more will be added as development progresses!)
- Also provides randomly generated dungeons to explore.
- Choice of starting characters (currently Barbarian, Elf, Halfling, Ranger, Warrior), each with their own special skills.
- Start straight into the action - none of this "For your first quest, please find your next door neighbour's pet cat".
- Vector-based world rather than tile-based - so items/scenery can be placed in any position, or aligned in any direction.
- 2D animated graphics, with zoom in/out, and lighting effects.
- Completely free and Open Source - no ads, unlike many free Android apps.
- User interface optimised to work with mouse, keyboard and/or touchscreen.
- Cross-platform - available for Windows, Linux, Nokia Symbian and Android devices.
Be the first to post a review of Erebus!