Elektra provides a universal and secure framework to store configuration parameters in a global, hierarchical key database. The core is a small library implemented in C. The plugin-based framework fulfills many configuration-related tasks to avoid any unnecessary code duplication across applications while it still allows the core to stay without any external dependency. Elektra abstracts from cross-platform-related issues with an consistent API, and allows applications to be aware of other applications' configurations, leveraging easy application integration.
- Elektra implements an API to fully access a global key database.
- Elektra supports mounting of existing configuration files into the global key database.
- Elektra is multi-process safe and can be used in multi-threaded programs.
- Elektra (except for some plugins) is portable and completely written in Ansi-C99.
- Elektra (except for some plugins) has no external dependency.
Be the first to post a review of Elektra Initative!