This is a cli disk diagnostic that runs under Windows, Linux and DOS/BIOS.
It is a traditional disk diagnostic in the style of diagnostics going back into the 1960's and the first disk drives. Although CLI driven, I have found it more useful that many other types of diagnostics for disk, controller and driver development than GJI based diagnostics. The command forms are terse, and it allows either use as an immediate mode debugger of drives or it can be used to form full testing scripts.
It is fairly compact at 4069 lines for the main module, and features plug in IO modules at about 500 lines each for both Windows and Linux, and DOS/BIOS.
The project has been running at 6-20 downloads per week. Please if you have time write a short review or leave user comments in the discussion forums. Thank you.
- CLI (command line) driven
- Fully scriptable, including complex flow of control and procedures
- Can be used in immediate or script mode, or combination
- Simple and clear command set oriented to disk drives
- Pattern generation and checking
- Large buffer size and command set oriented to fast disk read/write
- Simple program
- Modular I/O enables adaption to any system
- Predefined I/O modules for Windows, Linux and DOS
- Can automatically load a script on startup, and either run fully automated, or return to immediate mode
Follow Disk Diagnostic
Rate This ProjectLogin To Rate This Project
Be the first to post a review of Disk Diagnostic!