dhcp-gen is a perl script that was written by me and Trond Erik Dalho to simplify editing dhcpd.conf for adding static ip to computers and equipment on our school. It also made it easier to do manage the network by limiting some computers access to the local network only. Creating closed networks. And it also worked as a database over all our computers and equipment, making it easier to keep track of everything.
All information about equipment is stored inside csv files which are comma separated.
- Easily manage setting static ip on Equipment
- Generate ready to use dhcpd.conf based on device information stored in csv files
- Generate static ip addresses for all equipment stored in csv files
- Count the number of equipment that is listed in the groups csv files
- Write csv_reports showing all the current info about the devices (generated static ip included)
- Simplify dhcpd.conf editing on unix servers
- Can be added to crontab to be run as a scheduled update of dhcpd.conf