Desktop_Pager is a fully documented, GKrellM2 plugin which allows you to set the current desktop and display its name. It is derived from the "gkrellmpager" Sourceforge project but adds configurable, OBVIOUS, quick-glance, saved highlighting of the current desktop name.
The plugin has several other new usability features: Options allow you to reduce vertical space usage within GKrellM and horizontal space usage for longer desktop names. Scrolling over the plugin can be used to select a desktop OR that feature can be disabled as it tends to cause unintentional desktop changes. You can display fewer names than there are desktops, thus providing modest privacy which will protect you from others casually glancing at your screen.
Desktop Pager intentionally does NOT move windows between desktops or other such silliness.
The plugin currently has been tested only on Linux; I expect to port it to OS X and maybe Windows when I get access to those machines.
- Change virtual desktops by click or scroll or by outside means
- Highly visible, quick-glance indication of the current desktop name
- Configurable hidden desktops for privacy
- Horizontal & vertical space-saving options help with limited Krell space
- Configurable highlighting of the current desktop name
- Configuration saved and restored
- Other improvements over "gkrellmpager"
- Pre-compiled shared object file, desktop_pager.so, included - just use it
Be the first to post a review of Desktop Pager plugin for GKrellM2!