This solver represents an addition to the open-source CFD package OpenFOAM.
The solver is used to simulate the deflagration-to-detonation transition in hydrogen-air mixtures.
Prominent features are described below.
Additional description is available in the pdf file included.
For a more detailed description download Florian Ettner's thesis (in German) from
A shorter description (in English) can be found in the following publiction:
- accurate shock capturing with a density based solver
- deflagration modelling via a reaction progress variable
- auto-ignition sub-grid model separating each computational cell into a "shocked" and an "unshocked" part
- auto-ignition from tabulated ignition delay times, gained from a detailed chemical mechanism
- low computational cost due to applicability to coarse grids and usage of pre-tabulated chemistry
hi Forian, The source code is great for simulating ddf process. however, I try to convert your code to use in foam-extend 3.1. I can compile the library successfully. But when i compile the solver , it does work. Do you have any idea? If you want, i can send you the converted version your reference. Thank you very much, Best regards, NGUYEN VAN BO