A BibTeX replacement for users of biblatex, with full Unicode support
- Biber 2.5 is for biblatex 3.4
- Polyglossia support
- Unicode 7.0 support (including citekeys, filenames and sorting)
- Auto (re)encodes .bbl as necessary
- One biber run for all bib sections and XREF/CROSSREF processing
- Now part of TeXLive
- Static and dynamic citation set support
- Customisable sorting specifications
- Support for UTF-8 <-> TeX macro re-encoding to help PDFLaTeX+inputenc
- Support for remote data sources
- Highly configurable entry data inheritance model
- Automatic name and name list disambiguation
- User-space mapping of entrytypes, field names and field contents
- Generalised macro support with new @XDATA entrytype
With the latest version of Biber the run that took 2min 30 sec is down to 19 sec. Thank you very much for the great program
Very powerful, full UTF8 workflow.
I just switched form bibtex to the biber backend and I'm in general very pleased, however at the beginning there were a lot of errors, as biber seems to be more critical about the bibtex source files than bibtex was.
Thanks for good program!