AstroGrep is a Microsoft Windows GUI File Searching (grep) utility. Its features include regular expressions, versatile printing options, stores most recent used paths and has a "context" feature which is very nice for looking at source code.
- Regular expressions
- Concurrent multiple file types
- Recursive directory searching
- A "context" feature that selects the lines above and below your search expression
- Versatile exporting and printing options
- RIght click to open file with editor of your choice at specific line (if setup)
- Store Most Recently Used file names, file types, and search expressions
- Match Whole Word Only
- File encoding detection (ability to turn off and override for individual files)
Very hand tool!
@ chkiser It is clean. Norton are famous for Heuristic threats, which is a guess by Norton, not based on actual file contents. Google is your friend, search for the threat Name, in your case "WS.Reputation.1" to put your mind at ease.
Super fast and a well thought out interface. Really nice job!
Great program. Works well. Thanks May you please increase the context lines. Is it possible to have an option of sliding the context window?