2013-04-25
  • vincent hammier

vincent hammier - 2007-02-14

i tried to use yawebmail on
    tomcat 4.1.31
    Java-version 1.4
    Servlet-Specification 2.3 / JSP-Specification 1.2

during deploy (using manager) i have this error:
    FAIL - Encountered exception java.io.IOException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: ContainerBase.addChild: start: LifecycleException:  Context startup failed due to previous errors

in the log:
    2007-02-14 08:33:37 StandardContext[/yawebmail]: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener

can you help me?
    thanks
    marvin

• Stephan Sann

Stephan Sann - 2007-02-14

Hello Marvin,

> 2007-02-14 08:33:37 StandardContext[/yawebmail]: Exception sending context initialized
      > event to listener instance of class org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener

may it be that you downloaded the "yawebmail-0.9.0-src.zip"-file instead of the
      "yawebmail-0.9.0.zip"-file and deployed the directory "applications/yawebmail"?

I just tried that out and get a similar exception at startup.

If so, please download "yawebmail-0.9.0.zip" and deploy the yawebmail.war-file with
      your servlet-container.
      And if it solves your problem please give a short feedback. I will put in into the
      FAQs than.

Good luck!
      lotk

• vincent hammier

vincent hammier - 2007-02-18

mmhhh, no
        however I have controlled:
        to deploy application i put yawebmail.war in the webapps of tomcat and i make deploy from manager interface;
        i extract the file yawebmail.war from yawebmail-0.9.0.zip

another ideas?
        king regards
        marvin

• vincent hammier

vincent hammier - 2007-02-19

i have tried, with success, yawebmail installation in a tomcat 5.5.16 environment

i have a new question, but for this i open a new thread

thanks, a lot

marvin