Menu

quartz v quartz_v1.3

2002-07-25
2002-07-25
  • Dennis Haag

Dennis Haag - 2002-07-25

I was trying to add some XDMCP options to the XDarwin application and I have the source from cvs. It would save me some time if someone could explain the difference between the quartz and quartz_1.3 directories in xc/programs/Xserver/hw/darwin and which one I should be modifying? The 'make World'  seems to pickup the quartz directory.  I didn't see a XDarwin developer list/forum, should this go in "porting?"

• Torrey T. Lyons

Torrey T. Lyons - 2002-07-25

We are in the process of making modifications to XDarwin that will likely not be compatible back to Mac OS X 10.0.x (Darwin 1.3). The quartz_1.3 directory contains enough of the older code to preserve the option of supporting Mac OS X 10.0. "make World" is smart enough to build with the newer directory if you are building on Mac OS X 10.1 or newer. In a perfect world, general modifications like yours should be made to both quartz and quartz_1.3. If interest or manpower in making future versions of XFree86 Mac OS X 10.0.x compatible, we may eventually mothball the quartz_1.3 directory.

There aren't any public developer forums or mailing lists. There are private lists for members of the project. Generally when people are doing significant XDarwin coding they join the project. XonX-Porting was originally intended as a public developers list, but no one uses it.