Menu

How to Remove Channel From Favorites?

Brett
2011-08-08
2013-05-28
  • Brett

Brett - 2011-08-08

This may sound silly but I cannot find the command to remove a channel from my favorites list once I have added it by accident. Any advice?

• lasperber

lasperber - 2011-11-20

I had the same problem.

Turns out there is no direct way to update the "favorites" list, once you've added a channel to it.

However the "favorites" list is actually nothing more than a plain TXT file, although it got placed in the wrong location (at least in Win7, so it's probably also wrong in WinXP).  In other words it's NOT saved in the same folder as the other XM Tuner cache and data files are saved in, but rather it's mistakenly saved one folder up from that.

Nevertheless, if you just do a "search" for a file named XMTunerfavorites.txt and open it with Notepad, you'll see that it's nothing more than a list of channel numbers, one per line and followed by a comma.  Even the last one has a comma after it so that seems to be the syntax.

You can simply edit that text file with Notepad and save it, and you've just updated your "favorites" list.

On Win7 the file location is  in C:\ProgramData\XMTunerfavorites.txt, where it obviously should have been saved as C:\ProgramData\XMTuner\XMTunerfavorites.txt by the program.  Anyway, don't move it.  Just edit it and save it exactly where it currently lives.

In WinXP that would be C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\XMTunerfavorites.txt to find it.

• jsauder2

jsauder2 - 2012-03-12

actually, if you just right click on the station in your favorites list, you can choose "add to favorites" and it will ask if you want to remove it. it's a little bass-ackwards since it is worded incorrectly, but it is much easier than editing files to remove a channel.