Menu

Unable to find the addin, but the web instructions doesn't work.

Help
Pedro
2013-03-02
2013-03-05
  • Pedro

Pedro - 2013-03-02

I get the error message "Unable to find Daniel's XL Toolbox addin" in Excel
    and I have followed the instructions in the web for that case, but when I open the XLToolbox folder, the only thing inside seems to be another folder called “uninstall”. I cannot see any other files. I use windows Vista and I have tried with two versions of the toolbox: 4.01 and 5.08

What may be happening?

Thank you in advance!

• Daniel Kraus

Daniel Kraus - 2013-03-05

Hi Pedro,

first of all I apologize for the late reply. I see you've also sent me an e-mail. I'll reply here so everybody can see the solution (hopefully).

We need to find out why the Toolbox setup program does not copy the files to the correct location. To do this, you need to run the setup program (e.g., XL_Toolbox_5.08.exe):

• Open the download folder that you saved XL_Toolbox_5.08.exe to.
    • Right-click inside the folder, choose 'Open command window here' from the menu that appears.
    • Type: XL_Toolbox_5.08.exe /log="xltb.log" -- then hit enter (you can choose any name for the log file, I've randomly used xltb.log here).

After finishing the installation process, you will find a text file called xltb.log (or whatever you chose) in the download folder. Please inspect it and send it to me via e-mail or post it here in the forum -- but please make sure it does not contain data that you do not wish to share, such as your user name.

Hopefully the installation log file will reveal what is going wrong.

Kind regards

Daniel