This is the summary of what's new in this release. Or you can go straight to [Download_xCAT].
New Function and Changes in Behavior
- Support for mkdsklsnode -n in AIX clusters to more quickly switch nodes to a new image
- Huge page support in p775 clusters
- Add site table syspowerinterval attribute for booting p775 CECs.
- More performance improvements for DFM in p775 clusters
- Redundant service network support for p775 clusters
- Requires the HPC hardware server version 18.104.22.168 or higher for AIX and 22.214.171.124 or higher for Linux
- On AIX, this feature has been FVT'd (Functional Verification Test), but has not yet been System Tested.
- On Linux, this feature has been FVT'd and scale tested.
- snmove can now copy statelite persistent files to the backup service node
- RHEL 6.1 support for non-p775 clusters
- RHEL 6.1 support for p775 clusters(experimental)
- RHEL 6.2 early support on system p
- Added binary backup option to dumpxCATdb for DB2 to do database backups more efficient for large databases.
Key Bugs Fixed
For additional bugs fixed, see Tracker Bugs
Restrictions and Known Problems
For AIX diskless nodes, if you define /var/adm/ras/errlog as a statelite persistent file in the litefile table, default entries in crontab like the following may cause significant slow downs on the service nodes for a few minutes when those entries run (due to high disk usage on the SNs):
0 11 * * /usr/bin/errclear -d S,O 30
0 12 * * /usr/bin/errclear -d H 90
You may want to reduce the frequency that these commands are run.
When powering on multiple p775 CECs or powering on LPARs of multiple p775 CECs via rpower, set site.powerinterval to 30 before running rpower. See https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3426911&group_id=208749&atid=1006945 for details.
- The rnetboot command for p775 LPARs won't correctly set the default bootlist in AIX diskless nodes so the LPAR can be rpower'd next time. Also, the default bootlist can sometimes change after the user sets it. The workaround for now is to always run rbootseq before running rpower on for p775 LPARs. See https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=3435969&group_id=208749&atid=1006945 for details.
- Lose DB2 root setup on Linux when updating xCAT rpms on MS and SN's. See defect 3474407 for manual fix. https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&aid=3474407&group_id=208749&atid=1006945
- SF defect 3477804. This defect affects you, if you are running DB2 and LoadLeveler using DB2 on the service nodes. If you run updatenode <servicenodes> -S on Linux or AIX, and you find that the /etc/odbc.ini and odbcinst.ini have been reinitialized back to defaults, then you will need to xdsh <servicenodes> /opt/xcat/bin db2sqlsetup -C -o, to set these files back up for LoadLeveler to be able to access the database.