The main innovation is the so expected support of the DVB:
a full DVB-T support, an internal option to scan TV,
the possibility to configure a frequency offset, an automatic detection of the DVB cards,
a full record support, the possibility to stream a DVB flow in an AVI container with http.
this new version also proposes the following things:
add the France overseas channels, update the lirc possibilities,
update the audio management, add the possibility to compile without the OSD fonts,
add a better support for the OpenSuse and Fedora Core, add the sweedish language.... read more
Nico : DVB-T support (More informations into the README.DVB file)
- Good synchro between the audio and the video (SDL is used actually)
- Switch from a channel to an other is now possible.
- To scan any DVB-T channels, xdtv_scantv is not use anymore.
You must use the scan button into the "Channel Editor" GUI.
- The DVB-T audio is now full integrated to XdTV.
- dvbinit will always be sync with the LinuxTV datas.
- split strtab list of DVB-T transmitters if it's too long.
- The DVB-T Recording now works.... read more
Pingus : Add the -respectnullsnd switch: indicates if XdTV respect
a null sound volume on startup.
Pingus : Add the -setosd switch:
Display your own XOSD sentence on the screen with the xdtv_cmd program.
Pingus : add the FFmpeg amrnb-fixed support.
Pingus : Add a Gentoo ebuild file for the last XdTV 2.3.2 version.
Nico : Test kdescreensaver only if there is a KDE session.... read more
The XdTV tarball now contain the FFmpeg libraries, the xdtv_record.sh script was fixed, The slackware support was improved, All the make & configuration scripts were updated.
# January 2006 : New Version 2.3.0
* Support fort multilanguage audio.
* Recording with various containers (AVI, MPEG, OGG, etc.).
* Support of many video and audio codecs.
* Two new GUIs for the advanced parameters of XviD and FFmpeg codecs.
* The streaming server is now compatible with the players Xine and VLC.
* 3 new languages :
* New repositories for binary packages :
o SuSE :
o Gentoo (official rep.) :
o Debian :
ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ (i386 & sparc)
o Fedora Core :
o Mandriva :
* New "Carbone" skin
* New version of the french help
* Many corrections and updates.
New fullscreen method & new mouse pointer management
Add the FFMpeg audio codecs MP2 & AC3
Add the FFMpeg video codecs FFMpeg MPeg2, Mjpeg, RealVideo, H263+, Ms Mpeg4, Flash Video WMV7
Support of the last ffmpeg CVS version
Better internationalization support:
- Uses Xt/Xaw internationalization
- 3 news languages supported : italian, japanese (not yet complete) & german
- For all languages 2 themes are proposed: default & aqua
- UFT-8 supported
- update the Audio & video Record GUI
- A lot of bugs resolved, Many cleanups & code + tarball simplifications... read more
- Internationalization (Nico):
add a theme switching button in the GUI. All themes installed are automatically detect.
Update all themes:
libxdtv-i18n-fr-1.0.2.tar.gz libxdtv-theme-aqua-fr-1.0.2.tar.gz (Nico)
libxdtv-i18n-en-1.0.2.tar.gz libxdtv-theme-aqua-en-1.0.2.tar.gz (Nico)
libxdtv-i18n-es-1.0.2.tar.gz libxdtv-theme-aqua-es-1.0.2.tar.gz (David)... read more
* February 2004: Major release 2.1.0:
o Add the i18n support: All pixmpas, mans and messages are translated in all these foreign languages (Thanks to Nico, annonygmouse,David Cordero & Francisco Alcaraz) :
+ English (To get pixmpas in "en", you must install: libxdtv-i18n-en-1.0.0.tar.gz)
+ French (To get pixmpas in "fr", you must install: libxdtv-i18n-fr-1.0.0.tar.gz)
+ Catalan (To get pixmpas in "ca", you must install: libxdtv-i18n-ca-1.0.0.tar.gz)
+ Spanish (To get pixmpas in "es", you must install: libxdtv-i18n-es-1.0.0.tar.gz)
o Add a new theme for all pixmaps: XdTV Aqua. This theme is actually in 2 languages (Thanks to Rima):
+ English (To get pixmpas in "en", you must install: libxdtv-i18n-aqua-en-1.0.0.tar.gz)
+ French (To get pixmpas in "fr", you must install: libxdtv-i18n-aqua-fr-1.0.0.tar.gz)... read more
* December 2004: Minor bugfixes release 2.0.1:
* Fix bugs in channels & frequency management.
* Adds & Updates frequency tables for China, Argentina, South Africa etc...
* Update the Xosd library to the new 2.2.14 version & fix a segfault if Xosd is not used.
* XdTV works now with FFmpeg 4736: add the support for both huffyuv & huffyuv (only if FFmpeg >= 4734)
* Fix a segfault if the memcpy SSE optimization is used.
* Add a new parameter: -nodecoinit to resolve the start error with ffwm / ffwm2
* Apply several patchs (Thanks to Mr Moustache, Hiroshi Hasebe & firstname.lastname@example.org)
XdTV is a software that allows you to watch TV.
It interacts with AleVT for Teletext and Nxtvepg for NextView.
It uses the video4linux API. It can use deinterlacing filters
and record video files with the ffmpeg, xvid, and divx codecs.
* November 2004: XdTV 2.0 is out!
* New name for Xawdecode: "XdTV": "Xawdecode est mort vive XdTV".
* Better C code in touch with audio & video drivers.
* Overlay support for *bsd system.
* Generic management of video formats conversions. The purpose is to make XdTV compatible with all TV cards, webcams or v4l compatible systems. This is also interesting for recording.
* Optimized and uniform management for audio & video filters.
* The Xaw/NeXtaw GUI is now finished. A skin is added by default.
* A different subtitle page for each channel is now possible.
* xdtv_scan.sh script updated: Channels from the old RC file can be restore into the new one.... read more
Add two new graphical interfaces (xosd parameters & file selector).
Add a skin to all graphical interfaces.
Better osd / xosd management.
More parameters can now be saved (stay on top, window decoration, ...).
kscreensaver is now managed with fullscreen mode.
nextview title is now used to named avi files or grabbed images.
Possibility to preview the last recorded file.
the Grabdisplay mode is activated when a deinterlace filter is selected.... read more
20 june 2004: The 1.9.2 version has been released. The GUI has changed. You can discover it Here:
The new XdTV team has retaken the work for one year.
So because of this birthday, the new version name is "Keuleu".
Thanks to you Keuleu for your 3 years work on xdTV.... read more
Version 1.9.1 of xawdecode [xdTV] has been released.
A lot of xaw GUI adds and updates, BSD and non-i386/bigendian linux systems now supported,
XviD 1.0 and FFmpeg 1032 build 4708 support added, xinerama support added,
xscreensaver is now managed, better memory copy management, fullscreen switch mode fixed,
Alevt with Hellenic set, Added option to edit/view record scripts.....
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=231195... read more
Version 1.9.0 of xawdecode [xdTV] has been released. Featuring: Better Lirc support for remotes: new eventmap support added, new xawdecode_cmd commands added; Better methods to schedule records with At and Cron, xdTV can now record AVI files without any codec installed, xdTV become a simple Xvid / uncompressed AVI player, xawdecode TV server and Client : Streaming possibilities through HTTP, and a lot of updates and fixes... read more
Version 1.8.2 of xawdecode has been released, featuring: alsa native support, all french and english handbooks are updated, plenty of bug fixes. Xawdecode [xdTV] is a software that allows you to watch TV. It interacts with AleVT for Teletext and Nxtvepg for NextView, and uses the video4linux API. It can use deinterlacing filters and record video files with the ffmpeg, xvid, and divx5.05 codecs.
A new version of xawdecode in english and in french help is out. You could find all informations needed about the last version 1.8.1 and more. Xawdecode [xdTV] is a software that allows you to watch TV. It interacts with AleVT for Teletext and Nxtvepg for NextView, and uses the video4linux API. It can use deinterlacing filters and record video files with the ffmpeg, xvid, and divx5.05 codecs.
Xawdecode 1.8.1 is out.
here is the Changelog:
- Fix a bug into DivX GUI: if VBR is selected, MP3 bitrate is hide. if CBR is selected
MP3 VBR quality is hide (Pingus)
- Bad characters are now represeented by ' ' instead of '?' in subtitles (Alain)
- Sound Mixer: solve problem when quitting xdTV with muted sound (Alain)
- Sound Mixer: the colume cursor was not updated correctly (Alain)
- now the vtx command ignores strings which have more than 8 lines (they come from teletext
pages which are not subtitles) (Alain)
- Fix 3 bugs in channel editor with channel num. 1 (Pingus)
- Fix some "write defaults" parameters in RC (Pingus)
- the option -subpageno has more priority than the config file... (Alain)
- Fix 2 bugs into xawdecode_scan.sh: version. 0.6a (Calimero)
- Fix a bug with "stay on top": when fullscreen ON/OFF or window decoration ON/OFF
is called, "stay on top" was lost (Bart)... read more
here is the last version of xawdecode: 1.8.0.
this is the changelog:
New name for xawdecode: xawdecode become xawdecode [xdTV]
- Change to impose that the recording size cannot be greater
than 768x576 in pal/secam and 640x480 in ntsc. (Alain)
- Switching between NTSC and PAL is now safe (Alain)
- More correct code when some problems occur in divx_init (Alain)
- Correction bug with RGB15/RGB16 and recent divx4linux (Alain)
- Correction flip bug with RGB32 and XViD (again..) (Alain)
- Change to impose that the recording fps cannot be greater
than 25fps in pal/secam and 29.97fps in ntsc. (Alain)
- Teletext: little change to make "-novbi" option clean (Alain)
- With XVideo the size of the window is not locked during recording
and has not the size of the avi file (Alain)
- Correction of one bug in overlay when the message "ioctl VIDIOCSYNC: Bad file descriptor"
was sometimes displayed (Alain)
- Configure.in file:disables ALSA by default. (the use of ALSA was used only to mute,
and in it causes too many problems) (Alain)
=> Modification in spec.in files to follow this modification:
- if you want to have alsa support: rpm -ta xawdecode-1.8.0.tar.gz with alsa
- if you want to have xosd support: rpm -ta xawdecode-1.8.0.tar.gz with xosd (Pingus)... read more
thanks to Andre Bruce <email@example.com> for its contribution.
New version for neXtaw GUI lib: 0.15.0
New xosd lib for a better OSD: 2.2.2
these two versions are only compatibles with xawdecode 1.8.0 and higher.
Bye Pingus ;-)
New version for Xvid codec: 0.9.2.
this version is compatible with xawdecode 1.6.8 and higher.
Bye Pingus ;-)
new version for ffmpeg codec and GUI lib are out!
these files are compatibles with xawdecode 1.7.5beta and higher.
Bye Pingus ;-)
A new version of xawdecode english help is out. You could find all informations needed about the last version 1.7.0 and more.
29 july 2003: A "Summer Release" is out. All Xawdecode team is on holiday, so we propose you to test a 1.7.5beta version (A lot of new stuffs were implemented, updated and fix: to convince you, we suggest to read the ChangeLog ). thanks to everyone who could test this beta and post a comment into that board hit:
Bye Pingus ;-)
A new version of xawdecode french help is out. You could find all informations needed about the last version 1.7.0 and more.