#541 segfaults with postgis


I decided to experiment with xastir built with postgis support running
latest CVS. I got it working, but have run into an issue: xastir will
segfault when receiving certain data. Here's an example:

Inserting: Call: W9JUN, Time: 2009-10-05 08:50:00 -0400, Position:
POINT(-180.000000 90.000000), Symbol: , , Origin:,
Node_path:APX194,TCPIP*,qAC,T2SOCAL, Record type:N
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

The common theme seems to be stations with a position of
"POINT(-180.000000 90.000000)" in the debug output. However, this
station does have a valid position on aprs.fi.

It isn't just this station giving the segfault, either, this happens
every few minutes on a filtered (m/100 around my station) APRS-IS
feed. I'm lucky if it'll run for a few minutes before crashing.

If the timestamps on the packets are to be trusted, the packets
causing the segfaults aren't even APRS position reports, they're APRS
messages and WX data, etc. These are packets that wouldn't have a
position associated with them anyway, so I don't know why xastir would
try to insert anything into the database. My understanding was that
only position reports would be logged in the DB.

Please let me know if you need additional information.




Log in to post a comment.

Get latest updates about Open Source Projects, Conferences and News.

Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:

JavaScript is required for this form.

No, thanks