Menu

IMPORTATNT: wxMaxima is not working

2006-09-30
2016-10-23
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • Markus Birth

Markus Birth - 2006-12-10

On insertion of the U3 USB stick, the U3 LaunchPad is started. This one sets the environment variable. Upon launch of Maxima for U3, all files get unpacked to that directory so that wxMaxima.exe is then in %U3_HOST_EXEC_PATH%\wxMaxima\wxMaxima.exe . This is also the file I told it to launch after unpacking. Maxima itself is then in %U3_HOST_EXEC_PATH%\lib\maxima\5.10.0\binary-gcl\maxima.exe . The thing is that I can see maxima.exe running in Process Explorer, so I guess it isn't an issue of the pathnames. But if wxMaxima changes some environment variable, maybe it's an issue of quotes missing in pathnames containing spaces?

Cheers,
    -mARKUS

• Andrej Vodopivec

I suggest you try upgrading wxmaxima - version 0.7.1 is available from the release candidate windows binary for the next maxima version. By entering wxmaxima_debug_dump_output in the input line you will see the output from maxima.exe. I hope this will give you some clues to what is going wrong.

Andrej

• Nobody/Anonymous

I AM MISSING THE MAXIMA.Bat thats wats wrong ok?

• Andrej Vodopivec

You need to install maxima before you can use wxmaxima. maxima.bat comes with maxima.

Andrej

• Foad S. Farimani

well, I think the solution is much more easier on mac. from preference go to maxima and there put the address to the maxima app. that's it!

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)