Menu

Where is WVWARE installed?

Help
2006-02-05
2013-06-04
  • Shashank Tripathi

There is no documentation on the site at all! I've configured and installed on a Red Hat box, without any errors, but now where do I find WV? Its not in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin etc. Appreciate any pointers, thanks.

• Francis James Franklin

There's no WV application, exactly. There's a wvWare application and a number of scripts like wvHtml, wvText,... These should be installed in /usr/local or wherever you specified during configuration.

• Shashank Tripathi

Thanks for replying. Yes I checked /usr/local and /usr/local/bin, but I don't see any application beginning with "wv..."! Any other ideas? I am on a regular Red Hat Enterprise 4 server. Many thanks.

• Francis James Franklin

Which version exactly did you install?

• Shashank Tripathi

Come on, of course whatever is linked through the "Download" section of this site. That would be wv2-0.0.8 I think. How does that matter -- older versions were differently installed?

• Francis James Franklin

You probably want to download and install wv-1.2.0 (which is actually newer than wv2-0.2.2). These are actually separate projects, although with the same ultimate goal; wv is maintained as part of the AbiWord project. (I don't know much about wv2.)

• bennose

bennose - 2006-07-09

Guys,
      you may have a good product but god it's hard
      to get to use it.
      Why not use the english language a bit better
      wv and wv2 are 2 different projects. Version numbers out of whack.
      pulling my hair our to just evaluate wv as a word generation program. Even Abiword won't completely install becuase it cant find the cross platform spell checker (I don't care about spell checking)