While testing on an HP-UX Itanium box, we ran into problems with the JSW not finding the proper native libraries. It appeared that the architecture was not getting properly detected as "ia64".
It turns out that the Java os.arch system property is returning "IA64N". We've also found some JVMs where os.arch is "IA64W".
Here's our JVM:
# /opt/java1.5/bin/java -version
java version "1.5.0.09"
Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.5.0.09-_18_aug_2007_07_52)
Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 1.5.0.09 jinteg:08.18.07-13:19 IA64, mixed mode)
I patched WrapperManager.java to treat any os.arch that begins with ia64 (rather than being exactly ia64), to be detected as Itanium.
System has been tested on a couple of HP-UX Itanium systems without problems.
Log in to post a comment.