Menu

Rad studio

Help
2015-05-28
2015-06-02
  • scott fertig

scott fertig - 2015-05-28

What version of rad studio are you using to compile the project? I am a student and am working on a project and would like to work with this out of interest.

Thank you!

• Lorenzo Monti

Lorenzo Monti - 2015-05-28

I'm using rad studio 2010 professional.
    Cheers
    - Lorenzo -

• scott fertig

scott fertig - 2015-05-29

Thanks for that, I have access to 2010 through my instructor which is good news. I however have issues with gnugettext while compiling, its expecting gunugettext headers (gnugettext.hpp) and definitions so I'm wondering if I have the wrong version of gettext setup. Any guidance would be appreciated, but if no info I will keep trying

[BCC32 Error] wphfgui.cpp(23): E2209 Unable to open include file 'gnugettext.hpp'
    [BCC32 Error] wphfgui.cpp(46): E2268 Call to undefined function 'TP_GlobalIgnoreClassProperty'
    [BCC32 Error] wphfgui.cpp(56): E2268 Call to undefined function 'bindtextdomain'
    [BCC32 Error] wphfgui.cpp(60): E2268 Call to undefined function 'AddDomainForResourceString'
    [BCC32 Error] wphfgui.cpp(62): E2268 Call to undefined function 'textdomain'
    Failed

I've tried with gnugettext.pas to add to the project, and have gnugettext installed, I believe I either have the wrong version, or am missing the headers (which I'm not sure where to / how to get currently).

• scott fertig

Ok, I made it a little further now and I suspect the issue is with the gnugettext.pas I have obtained and I believe I may have the wrong version. The errors are now

[BCC32 Error] gnugettext.hpp(320): E2040 Declaration terminated incorrectly
    [BCC32 Error] gnugettext.hpp(321): E2040 Declaration terminated incorrectly
    Failed

Any chance you could share the gnugettext.pas or hpp you have?

• Lorenzo Monti

Lorenzo Monti - 2015-05-29

Here you are.
    Ciao
    - Lorenzo -

• Lorenzo Monti

Lorenzo Monti - 2015-05-29

I forgot to mention, only the GUI is developed with rad studio 2010.
    The print monitor (which is responsible to pass postscript from the spooler to the GUI) is compiled with MSVC 2010. 64 bit required.

• scott fertig

ahh thank you, I did notice that the dll's would need MSVC but I figured I would get to that after the gui.

Thank you!

• scott fertig

odd, it appears to get nearly to the end and begins to link and fails due to something in the gnugettext.lib

[ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'GetModuleInformation' referenced from C:\PROGRAM    FILES (X86)\EMBARCADERO\RAD STUDIO\7.0\LIB\GNUGETTEXT.LIB|gnugettext
    [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unresolved external 'LresultFromObject' referenced from C:\PROGRAM FILES     (X86)\EMBARCADERO\RAD STUDIO\7.0\LIB\RELEASE\VCLACTNBAND.LIB|ActnMenus
    [ILINK32 Error] Error: Unable to perform link

It appears the files you shared did help though. I will keep digging on it.

Thanks!

Last edit: scott fertig 2015-05-29
  • scott fertig

scott fertig - 2015-06-01

Got a little further, the issue previously was that I needed to remove all of the old gnugettext files I had prior to getting the files from you, then rebuild the header files etc. It appears I am just missing the certificate to sign the binary now

c:\program files (x86)\embarcadero\rad studio\7.0\Bin\CodeGear.Common.Targets(189,3): error MSB3073: The command ""C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\signtool.exe" sign /f S:\OSD_Lorenzo_Monti.pfx /p  /d "Winprint HylaFAX Reloaded" /t http://time.certum.pl/ /v C:\Users\study\Desktop\wphf-reloaded-code\wphfgui\Release\wphfgui.exe" exited with code 1.

EDIT:
    I did find I could exclude the signing in the build process and the binary would compile, so I'm not sure if this is a necessary step. Thanks for your help, this was a fun project!!!! :)

Last edit: scott fertig 2015-06-01
  • Lorenzo Monti

Lorenzo Monti - 2015-06-02

Well, no, you don't need to sign the executable for it to work properly. If you wish to do so, you have to get a certificate for code signing. I had one for free from Unizeto, but now it's expired and I had troubles renewing it. So currently I'm using a commercial one, still from Unizeto, to sign all of my software.
    Ciao
    Lorenzo