Menu

Configuration issues

Help
Trey Odom
2012-02-26
2013-01-28
  • Trey Odom

Trey Odom - 2012-02-26

After many hours of searching and fiddling, I'm afraid that I am not 100% clear on what Winprint HylaFAX Reloaded actually does.

Is this a standalone program capable of sending faxes via modem (from the same computer on which they were created)? Or is this only a client GUI for a separate piece of software running on a server computer.

In the configuration window (where it asks for the Server IP address or server:port syntax) I have tried everything I can possibly think of to no avail. I keep getting socket errors.

I am trying to send a fax directly from this computer, is this possible, or am I just an idiot?

Thanks in advance for your patience.

Respectfully,
    trey73

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2012-09-17

Hi, it is a little late for you, but perhaps I can help someone else with the same issue. Winprint Hylafax Reloaded is a windows GUI client for a Hylafax Fax Server. Hylafax is a stand alone fax program capable of sending and receiving faxes via a modem. Hylafax does not run on Windows. However the Winprint Reloaded allows a windows machine to send a fax by contacting the remote Hylafax server.

you cannot use Winprint by itself, you need Hylafax.