- Provided an easy installation path for linux users (using pp)
- Fixed problems with fullscreen mode on linux
- A number of minor bug fixes
- Updated documentation
Here is the first release candidate for the 1.0 version! Changes include:
* Added a dialog to adjust the ratio between word size and flashing speed
* Added a dialog to adjust the pause lengths
* Added a properties dialog to display facts about your reading session
* Fixed a bug where chunks were skipped after commas
* Added versioning to WFR and its .ini file
* Minor bug fixes
This is a bug fix release.
Better formatting of text
Lots of little bug fixes in word navigation, the shortcut menu, and fullscreen mode.
I've been having trouble getting this version to work with PAR::Packer, so I'm just releasing the source code. I noticed that I mistakenly included outdated documentation on how to install the source code version. Here is how to install it on Windows:
You will need Perl installed on your computer. You can download a Windows version at http://www.activestate.com/ (I've only tested this version with ActivePerl 188.8.131.522). Install ActivePerl by running the installer. Make sure the executable directory (PERLDIR\bin) is added to the PATH (the installer usually does this automatically). To check this run "perl -v" or "perl -V" from the command-line. If you are using ActivePerl, then you will also need to install the following modules:... read more
Allows for slower flashing of words. Minor tweaks and bug fixes.
Apparently I mistakenly uploaded the program executable and not the installer package. Uff! The problem's fixed now
- Now runs on both Windows and Linux
- Improved chunking of texts
- Minor feature enhancements
- Minor bug fixes
This is a bug-fix release. I've also included some usability enhancements.
Striving for the 1.0 release!
Lots of bug fixes.
I've completely re-written of the user interface (I think it is much nicer now).
It has better support of different text encodings.
It now give you words-per-minute, amount of text completed, and time remaining.
Much better configuration of fonts and various display colors.
I've fixed a lot of bugs (but probably have introduced a few along the way).
This is the first Windows release! You can now install it like any other Windows program. Also included some support for unicode web-pages and text files.