Menu

Comipiling problem - wine/debug.h: No such file or directory

Help
2016-09-16
2016-09-21
  • Kristijan Pleško

Hello, sorry for this topic, but I cannot find in which library is this header. I've installed Wine 1.9.18 and everything in Synaptic Package Manager that starts with Wine (dev, dbg...) but no success. What should I do.

I have installed 64-bit wineasio from kxstudio repository. Will that have the same results? Reaper does not recognize it.

Last edit: Kristijan Pleško 2016-09-16
  • Joakim Hernberg

Joakim Hernberg - 2016-09-16

If you have it from the kxstudio repos it ought to work. Maybe the missing piece is that you need to register it in your wineprefix?

For a 32b prefix WINEPREFIX=~/.wine wine regsvr32 wineasio

And for 64b: WINEPREFIX=~/.wine wine64 regsvr32 wineasio

How to get the missing header file on debian/ubuntu/etc I don't know. I would have expected it to be installed with the wine-dev package..

Also note, that I've done some more work recently, but have put it on github instead, as I'd like to close this account some day (when I find the time). The new code makes latency reporting work correctly, the code here and in the tarball will only return the buffersize as latency...

The code is at: https://github.com/jhernberg/wineasio

• Kristijan Pleško

I managed to compile wineasio. The problem was in Wine version and folder names (on my computer it was wine-development, not just wine). I just had to find where headers are and linked them to the right folder. Everything was good until I use this command in terminal. The output was:

palartu@palartu-pc:~/.wine$ wine64 regsvr32 wineasio.dll
    fixme:winediag:start_process Wine Staging 1.9.19 is a testing version containing experimental patches.
    fixme:winediag:start_process Please mention your exact version when filing bug reports on winehq.org.
    regsvr32: Failed to load DLL 'wineasio.dll'

The same output is when I use "regsvr32 winasio.dll". What is (are9) the problem(s)?
    This is the last step and I would really want to finish installation. The project is good and promising. I've heard good things about it, but I cannot start using it :D.

• Joakim Hernberg

Joakim Hernberg - 2016-09-21

Did you copy the libs to the right places? It's a bit hard to give exact instructions as the location differs on different distros.. For instance on archlinux it's /usr/lib/wine/wineasio.dll.so and /usr/lib32/wine/wineasio.dll.so. But note if you only need the 64b version then there's no need to install and register the 32b one.

• Kristijan Pleško

Yes, I did copy wineasio.dll.so to the right place. I've followed instructions for compiling and installation, everything is in manual. I have found wine folder in /usr/lib and copied it there.