Menu

Getting Bibutils working with Wikindx version 6.7.1

Help
2024-04-05
2024-05-01
  • Will Skowronski

Will Skowronski - 2024-04-05

Hello, I have been getting Wikindx setup up for the users at my job but have been having some issues getting Bibutils setup and working with it. The only plugin that I was able to find on here for it was for a fairly old version of Wikindx and just throws an error on the plugin tab. I did notice that there is a Bibutils button on the drop-down menu of the page that just says Bibutils is not installed. I followed the link here to the Sourceforge page and grabbed and built Bibutils from source but am not sure where the configuration on Wikindx is that I need to point to the Bibutils bin folder from. If someone could point me in the right direction for getting this setup or point me to a guide that goes through the setup it would be greatly appreciated (I looked around for a day or two and couldn't find much documentation on it). Thanks!

• Mark Grimshaw

Mark Grimshaw - 2024-04-05

Hi WIll,

Very quickly (in the middle of a symposium), it's in Admin|Configure as in the screenshot.

Regards,

Mark

• Will Skowronski

Will Skowronski - 2024-04-05

Wow, I can't believe I missed that. Thanks Mark, appreciate the help!

Will

• Stéphane Aulery

Hello @wskowronski,

Do bibutils work well with WIKINDX? We rarely have the opportunity to test them.

Regards,

• Will Skowronski

Will Skowronski - 2024-04-24

The setup for it was pretty easy after being shown the one setting I missed. Besides that I'm just the IT guy not the one actually using it unfortunately, so I don't have much insight to how well it works. Sorry.

Will

• Stéphane Aulery

If you ever have any feedback on this subject, I will listen.

• Mark Grimshaw

Mark Grimshaw - 2024-04-06

I assume it's working then Will. Glad to be of service.

Mark

• Will Skowronski

Will Skowronski - 2024-04-24

Yes, all is working. Thanks again for the help Mark!

Will