RTF export broken (again?)

Help
Joachim
2017-11-15
2021-04-18
  • Joachim

Joachim - 2017-11-15

Hi,

I thought to discuss this with you before I open a bug ticket: Is RTF export broken only for me? When I export a search list via basket, all my word processors tell me that the file is broken/incorrect and can't be opened (that is, Libre Office Writer opens the file, but as raw code). Same thing if I use different styles. No tampering with the output formatting.

I vaguely remember that I had the same difficulties in the past, but can't find something related in the tickets.

Best
    Joachim

• Joachim

Joachim - 2017-11-15

PS: HTML export of the same lists works fine.

• Mark Grimshaw

Mark Grimshaw - 2017-11-15

Hi Joachim,

Yes RTF export is broken and is something I'm working on when I get the time.

Regards,

Mark

• Joachim

Joachim - 2017-11-15

Hi Mark,

Am 15.11.2017 um 11:30 schrieb Mark Grimshaw sirfragalot@users.sf.net:

Yes RTF export is broken and is something I'm working on when I get the time.

No stress, I can work with HTML meanwhile.

Best
      Joachim

Last edit: Stéphane Aulery 2024-02-20
  • Mark Grimshaw

Mark Grimshaw - 2017-12-06

Hi Joachim,

While we are working on a permanent solution to this, there is a temporary fix and so RTF export is working again (with a little bit of tidying up – the '_' character – left to do.

Regards,

Mark

• Joachim

Joachim - 2017-12-06

Great, thanks!

Last edit: Stéphane Aulery 2024-02-20
    • Stéphane Aulery

Hi Joachim,

I also fixed the rebellious _ characters now

Regards,

• Enrique

Enrique - 2021-04-17

Hello there,
    Since Wikindx 6.4.5 and also for the latest 6.4.6, the RTF export file, no longer includes the automatic list of citations at the end of the docuemnt. I have benn working with Wikindx for more than a year and rely heavily on it, for diverse kind of scientific papers. Thought that feature as outsatnding, as the whole application is.

Perhaps, there is a new way to do this, Could you kindly guide me?

Regards

• Stéphane Aulery

Hi Enrique,

Please open a bug report with this form:

https://sourceforge.net/p/wikindx/v5bugs/new/

I will test the code.

Regards,

• Mark Grimshaw

Mark Grimshaw - 2021-04-18

• Mark Grimshaw

Mark Grimshaw - 2021-04-18

This has been fixed for v6.4.7 and replacement files for a quick fix can be found at: https://sourceforge.net/p/wikindx/v5bugs/349/

BTW Enrique. I'm glad to know someone is using the word processor plugin for serious work. Stéphane and I have had some discussion about whether to keep it as it requires a fair bit of maintenance (e.g., keeping up with third-party software changes such as the basic TInyMCE richtext editor we use).

Far better (and easier for maintenance), we think, to interface with external word processors such as google docs, MS word, and libreOffice. To this end, we have recently developed plug-ins for the first two word processors and are working on the third:
    https://wikindx.sourceforge.io/web/trunk/interfacing/office-plug-ins/

Mark