Menu

page starts then nothing else works anymore

Help
mati
2014-04-04
2014-04-04
  • mati

mati - 2014-04-04

I can start wikindx4.2 on my webbrowser, but no other page shows up even when I am logged in. This is unusual because I've been running the database for a couple of years with 410 sources. It happened when I tried to update the adminstyle.

...wikindx4/ / shows start-page with "recent editions or adds"
    ...wikindx4/index.php?action=resource_RESOURCEVIEW_CORE&id=390 / shows empty page.
    Any suggestions?

• Mark Grimshaw

Mark Grimshaw - 2014-04-04

. . . also, if you turn on error reporting in config.php that might give more information.

• mati

mati - 2014-04-04

Looks like there is a problem with my styles that I changed from harvard to DEUTSCH_HARVARD?

[EXEC] SELECT configStatisticsCompiled FROM WKX_config
    [EXEC] SELECT PERIOD_DIFF(DATE_FORMAT(NOW(), '%Y%m'), DATE_FORMAT('2014-04-01 00:00:00', '%Y%m'))
    [EXEC] SELECT configStyle FROM WKX_config Warning: fopen(): Unable to access styles/bibliography/deutsch_harvard/DEUTSCH_HARVARD.xml in /var/www/web43/html/wikindx4/core/bibcitation/PARSEXML.php on line 87 Warning: fopen(styles/bibliography/deutsch_harvard/DEUTSCH_HARVARD.xml): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web43/html/wikindx4/core/bibcitation/PARSEXML.php on line 87 Notice: Undefined index: fallback in /var/www/web43/html/wikindx4/core/bibcitation/BIBFORMAT.php on line 141 Notice: Undefined index: localisation in /var/www/web43/html/wikindx4/core/bibcitation/BIBFORMAT.php on line 1667 Warning: include_once(): Unable to access languages//CONSTANTS.php in /var/www/web43/html/wikindx4/core/bibcitation/BIBFORMAT.php on line 1670 Warning: include_once(languages//CONSTANTS.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/web43/html/wikindx4/core/bibcitation/BIBFORMAT.php on line 1670 Warning: include_once(): Failed opening 'languages//CONSTANTS.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/web43/html/wikindx4/core/bibcitation/BIBFORMAT.php on line 1670 Fatal error: Class 'CONSTANTS_' not found in /var/www/web43/html/wikindx4/core/bibcitation/BIBFORMAT.php on line 1672

• mati

mati - 2014-04-04

What I did now. Totally new installation (with existing database) and I copied the old adminstyle DETUSCH_HARVAD above to the new installation. It Works. Hope this doesn't run into another problem.

• Mark Grimshaw

Mark Grimshaw - 2014-04-04

Well, increasing the memory might well have solved the blank page problem but glad it's all working now. Re the adminstyles problem, from the error messages and warnings you post, I suspect that:
    styles/bibliography/deutsch_harvard/

is not readable by the web server or the XML file is not writeable. The scripts try to fix this automatically but this is not always possible and so you need to fix them manually. See the main README file:
    "In all cases, ensure that 'files/', 'attachments/', 'templates/compiled_templates', 'styles/cache' and 'styles/bibliography/' and the XML files within 'styles/bibliography/xxx/' folders are writable by the web server user (usually 'nobody'). If you are running WIKINDX locally on Windows (using something like WAMP), you can skip this step as the folders will be writable by default."

Regards,

Mark

• mati

mati - 2014-04-04

Thanks a lot. I'm glad that it works again. Such a useful program!
    Regards