Menu

Custom Taxonomies in Wikindx

Help
Hugh
2020-07-18
2020-07-18
  • Hugh

Hugh - 2020-07-18

Is there a built-in way to add custom taxonomies (open vocabularies or controlled vocabularies) which can be linked to citation item object in wikindx... for instance if I wanted to have a taxonomy of Library of congress subject headings related to the content, and if I also wanted to also have my own set of keywords, both linked to the same citation (which would be different than linking to the same object – such as a PDF).

• Mark Grimshaw

Mark Grimshaw - 2020-07-18

Hi Hugh,

'Citation item object'? Do you mean a resource giving the reference inc. title, author, date etc.? If so, all resources can be a member of a category (or more) and subcategories – created from the Admin menu. Additionally, you can add keywords (created when adding/editing a resource) and custom fields (Admin menu).

As categories, subcategories, and custom fields are defined by the admin, they are a closed vocabulary. Keywords are open to whoever creates the resource.

All these can be browsed from the Search menu.

Quick search will automatically search on: title; note; abstract; quote; quote comment; paraphrase; paraphrase comment; musing; creator surname; resource keyword; user tag; and any custom fields

Advanced search will search specifically on these and other fields chosen by you.

Hopefully, that is the answer you're looking for. If not, let me know.

Mark