Menu

C++ Code generation disappeared

VSZM
2013-09-13
2018-04-09
  • VSZM

VSZM - 2013-09-13

Hello!

I have just updated to the newest (5.4.4) version of WhiteStarUML. The problem is, I can no longer see the c++ code generation. It was there before the update. I tried removing the c++ profile and including it again, but this did not solve the problem. Janus can you look into this?

• VSZM

VSZM - 2013-09-13

Yep, just reinstalled 5.4.3 and C++ code generation is right back where it should be.

Also there is an annoying bug for me (using windows 8): Whenever I click on the program's icon on the taskbar, the program never gets in the front, it stays behind my current window.

• VSZM

VSZM - 2013-09-13

Here is the 3rd bug:

Whenever I generate C++ code, a pop-up window says: "Starting C++ reverse engineering" while actually it is C++ generating.

(This one is irrelevant)

• Janusz Szpilewski

Do not use version 5.4.3 it has a serious bug with disappearing associations (or other line forms) on the diagram. At least get also build 5.4.3.1.

As is comes to the problems with C++ module, is it specific to C++? All other modules show up correctly? If not you might have mixed the files from the standard and "no install" builds. I think a simple re-installation could fix it.

The problem with the application always in the background was already reported but I have no idea what may cause it, I did not see it personally. Maybe the compiler needs an update.
    The popup window is as old as StarUML but I may take a look and make it less misleading.

• VSZM

VSZM - 2013-09-14

The problem is only with the C++ module, everything else works just fine.

• Janusz Szpilewski

Indeed, I installed the 5.4.4 version from the distribution files and it looks that the C++ DLL is missing (even if it is present in "no install" build). Anyway I prepare 5.4.5 build to be published soon so hopefully it will behave better.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2018-04-09

In the 64 bit compilation of the 5.9.1.0 version of the product, the code generation (except ERD) has vanished again from the Tools menu.
    The 32 bit version seems complete w.r.t. this aspect, however.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel