Menu

webhuddle vs other projects

thor918
2007-10-06
2013-04-22
  • thor918

thor918 - 2007-10-06

Hi there.
    I'm sure you all have been looking also at DimDim.
    It does have some edge to it, and looks great. however, I liked more how the client is loaded in webhuddle. dimdim on firefox would request a plugininstall. Not sure how IE would react. perhaps IE is not presented with an install plugin question.
    anyway, I think webhuddle has the potential to dust dimdim...

As I said in another thread, it would be great for the presenter to have some sort of info on what is beeing presented to the users. perhaps a little preview window, big enough to get an idea of what is beeing transmitted.

• thor918

thor918 - 2007-10-06

maby the developer of this project could use some of the ideas used in dimdim

• thor918

thor918 - 2007-10-06

Hi there again. I have now posted a lengthy suggestion post in the tracker:
      remote control:
      http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1412259&group_id=114433&atid=668321

other suggestions:
      * webhuddle needs eye-catching gui
      * unique features like remote control system (for helpware situation)
      * more administration tools in the admin panel:
        I would add the size of the files in the list of previous recordings.
      * Jaz up the admin panel gui with ajax
      * look at how dimdim does it's desktop sharing. it does it in a more user friendly way.
      * look at dimdims gui. theres a lot of ideas there that could be easily adopted to webhuddle. like webcamera, avantar pictures on all the participents..
      * Dimdim is also a opensourceproject, and one could borrow ideas from there
      * and as previous future request, a hands up poll function. that could almost work as the question poll. but when the moderator end the handsup. he/she will get a list of users that had their hands up. and when you right clik on someone in this list, you could have a menu with perhaps, "give mic", "give moderator right" or other features.
      * start using right click in gui. this could perhaps simplify how you make the gui work.

that's all for now