Menu

Question / Will Webmin Benefit Me? ~

Webmin
kiwizz
2008-02-28
2013-05-21
  • kiwizz

kiwizz - 2008-02-28

I currently have apache/mysql/etc installed on my debian server. It is currently unused (as I am running my sites on a windows box, but want to move them over). I have two websites, and my girlfriend another (all fqdn). I know that one of my websites is running properly (changed dns etc to check)

I have a couple questions.

1. Although I am happy to reinstall Debian, will my current setup conflict if I install Webmin?

2. If I do reinstall, should I have nothing but the core system components installed?

3. Should I use Virtualmin *I really need to know - will it make it easier to seperate the domains I am running?

4. Will it be easier than setting it up myself? I plan on having DNS MAIL HTTP HTTPS and possibly a few other services running.

Webmin looks great, but as I am not the best with linux, everytime I am not sure that something has installed right - I usually do a full reinstall to be sure. Im used to being able to *see* problems on the windows servers, and I feel like I cant fully know if a linux box is running as it should.

If you have, Thanks for taking the time to read the above. Hopefully with a few reply's I will be in a better situation as to if i should install Webmin/Virtualmin

Thanks!

• gandolf

gandolf - 2008-02-29

dump windows. stick with linux; debian, ubuntu, fedora, centos, and stick with webmin. use virtualmin if you want easier.

• Frank Laczko Jr.

ahhh don't forget FreeBSD in that list if you want a "real" operating system :)