How to view EPICS

Help
Michael
2017-03-18
2017-03-18
  • Michael

Michael - 2017-03-18

How do I use EPICS with VTS?

If I load the EPICS file that shipped with VTS (i.e. VTS_3.6.5\Docs\allTestEpics.tpi), I get the following error:

Syntax Errors Loading File:
    Line 1510: Expected an Enumeration Name here!:  priority-array: {NULL<,> NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, extended-pulse-unlock, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, lock}

After I figure out how to view the EPICS which shipped with VTS, next step is to view another one. If I load an EPICS created by http://bacnet.sourceforge.net/, I get the following error:

Syntax Errors Loading File:
    Line 40: Expected 'Initiate' or 'Execute' here:  <A>cknowledge-Alarm

Ultimately, I am hoping to export the EPICs to JSON or XML, but one step at a time.

Thanks

• John Hartman

John Hartman - 2017-03-21

Bug in VTS. The "null" choice is missing from StringTables.cpp BACnetDoorValue_orNull.

Note that this affects only access-door objects. If your intended usage doesn't include such objects, you can probably avoid the bug.

The fix is to add a line with the string "null" to the end of the table. If you have a version of Visual Studio that includes MFC, you could fix it for your own use.

Generating a new release will have to wait until someone has time to do it.

• Sulaiman

Sulaiman - 2017-07-06

Hello
    In 28.03.2017 the "NULL" had been added to the BACnetDoorValue_orNull table. But I think the VST cpp project didn't copmlied after bug cleaned. I traid to compile it by Visual Studio 2013 but I got Errors. Note: I added MFC to the MVS 2013. Any one complied the project after 28.03.2017?