Menu

issue in connecting to a bacpypes based client

Pazhanivel
2017-07-25
2017-07-25
  • Pazhanivel

Pazhanivel - 2017-07-25

Testing using VTS simulator and using wireshark for network monitoring.
    PC1: running bacpypes based bacnet client and wireshark .
    PC2: running VTS bacnet simulator and wireshark.

both pc1 and pc2 connected to same network and bacpypes and VTs connected to same port.
    1) sending 'whois' from bacpypes in PC1
    - packet received in PC2 (can be found in wireshark) but not received in VTS.
    2) sending 'readproperty' from bacpypes in pc1
    - packet received in PC2 (can be found in wireshark) but not received in VTS.
    3) sending 'iam' from VTS in PC2.
    - packet received in PC1 (can be found in wireshark) but not received in bacpypes.

• Babanz

Babanz - 2017-07-25

Hello,

I'm working with bacpypes too, and i've seen this once, when i sent requests with vts using globalbroadcast address 255.255.255.255, did you tried using the unicast or the localbroadcast ?

• Joel Bender

Joel Bender - 2017-07-25

What your BACpypes application listens for depends on how you have specified the BACnet/IP address in your BACpypes application (usually in the INI file). In CIDR notation, if you have 1.2.3.4/24 then it will listen for unicast packets on 1.2.3.4 and broadcast packets on 1.2.3.255. Turn on a debugger in the BVLL UDPMultiplexer class like --debug bacpypes.bvll.UDPMultiplexer and you will see what unicast and broadcast address tuples are passed to bind the sockets. If this turns out to be a BACpypes issue, create a ticket over there or chat on gitter.