An older version of the RoadMap can be found here.
- Global configuration (/usr/share, /etc) (done in 29f1598c85250ce607a3ededc6f01913e02e92cb)
- Use literal identifier instead of numerical (for maps)
- Rework cache organisation: id/Z/Y/X.png
Stuff that will be done after 1.0 and before 2.0 but not yet fine planed.
Use a log window, displaying latest "event", like pan2 has.
Technically, use gtk framework (g_message) for every printed message (instead of printf on stdout)
Internationalisation (I18N): Git repository
- Dynamic loadable modules
- Sorting waypoints by names, locations, distances...
- Multiple selection for waypoints
- Selecting waypoints by locations, distances, on/off screen
- Displaying maps in any selected map mode from View menu.
* Also see [Roadmap_1.2]
* Also see [Version-1.2]
* Also see [Roadmap_1.3]
* Also see [Version-1.3]
Version 1.x or 2.x
- Introduce proj4 for handling projections
- Follow FreeDesktop conventions and move local tile cache to $HOME/.cache/viking.
- Replace numerical identifier by alpha-numeric
- 'osm01', 'osm-main', 'osm-mapquest' seem simpler to understand than 203, 204...
- much more extensible
- error proof: with numeric identifier it is quite complex to not overwrite an already existing tile cache (perhaps a tile cache created by the user)
Should we provide a migration utility?