Menu

Mac (Mojave) - cannot find Tesseract or Tessdata. Please enter its name in Settings

Help
2021-01-23
2021-01-27
<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)
  • Quan Nguyen

Quan Nguyen - 2021-01-27

Glad that you got it working for spellcheck.

The scanning function is different from OCR and spellcheck functions, in that it uses JNI (Java Native Interface), not JNA, to interface between Java code and the native library (SANE). Since the support is only available for Linux 32-bit, a native component has to be compiled for Linux 64-bit and MacOS support. A while back, I tried but had no success in generating that missing piece.

https://github.com/nguyenq/VietOCR3/issues/6

• Gary Gauthier

Gary Gauthier - 2021-01-27

Thanks for the explanation, Quan. I had just stumbled upon the post that you noted.

If you do have success in future, please let me know. I have other ways of scanning, but the integrated approach would be handy. I'll keep following this thread in case you are successful.

Just for the record... Your VietOCR app is fantastic. I'm doing a volunteer project to transcribe some World War 1 typewritten documents. Tesseract was the only OCR engine that seemed to do a decent job. Without VietOCR, the complex workflow required would have been too much to handle. Thank you so much for your efforts and support!

• Quan Nguyen

Quan Nguyen - 2021-01-27

You're very welcome.

Cheers!

<< < 1 2 (Page 2 of 2)