Menu

computer can't sleep, lock screen bypassed after turning on encryption of keys in RAM

DDD
2023-10-31
2023-10-31
  • DDD

DDD - 2023-10-31

I had 1.25.9 installed on my system for the longest time, and then after all this talk about encryption of keys in RAM, found out that I had actually not turned this feature on, mindless of me. Just think of how many others also do not think to turn this on, basically having a door closed but unlocked, easy for ElcomSoft to get the password. Anyways, when I turned on encryption of keys in RAM, I saw that hibernation would be disabled. But I also noticed that my computer would not sleep properly, that it would attempt to, but fail. It would just go to the lock screen background wallpaper. But then when I press a button, the wallpaper slides up and there's my desktop, no password needed, lock screen is bypassed. Has anyone else faced this? I seem to remember that this has happened before in previous versions. I updated to 1.26.7 and still have this issue. I should add that the computer can sleep, but it can be iffy. Sometimes it works, sometimes not.

Last edit: DDD 2023-10-31