Menu

Problem compiling vpx3224.c

Help
James
2005-04-25
2013-04-16
  • James

James - 2005-04-25

I am following the instructions at Perry Gilfillan's site (http://gilfillan.gilfillan.org:8080/v3tv/), and I've hit a stumper.  Everything works just like it says up until I make bzImage...  every line in vpx3224.c that contains
        THIS_MODULE->name, pn);
    spits out a warning and and error about request for member 'name' in something not a structure or a union.  Maybe I'm just missing some obvious mistake.  Please forgive me if this is a stupid question--and kindly give me the solution :)

btw--I suspect I might be doing this the hard way--it it necessary for me to install lm-sensors, kraxel-patch, etc. just to use v3tv (and radio) with XFree86?

I'm using pristine 2.4.26 kernel source, kraxel patch, i2c-2.8.4 patch, lm_sensors-2.8.6 patch, vpx.24xx.diff, i2c_hw_id.diff, and selecting the proper modules in the config.

Just when make bzImage reaches vxp3224.c, it goes bonkers (displays many warnings/errors and returns error level 1).

Any suggestions, comments, or observations are welcome.

• James

James - 2005-04-25

whoops--someone else already posted this issue under a less specific subject heading

• Perry Gilfillan

Perry Gilfillan - 2005-04-26

James,

If you have further problems, let me know.  I'm still watching the list, but have no time for real development.

Please provide a link to the thread that gave you your solution, so others will benefit.

Cheers,

Perry