Menu

using cable command's "desc=" field fails with FT2232H device

Anonymous
2014-08-21
2014-08-26
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2014-08-21

Greetings. I have a lab environment where I have multiple FTDI devices connected to system. I am trying to use a Bus Blaster device from Dangerous Prototype. As is known, a special flag is needed by urJtag to identify a specific FT2232 device, the description argument 'desc'; otherwise the FT2232 device will be picked randomly. With a Windows urJtag version from this site, labeled urjtag11.exe, the desc field is not recognized.

As a test, I have single FT2232 device connected to the system at this time and I issue the command:

cable ft2232 vid=0x403 pid=0x6010 desc="xxxx"

For xxxx, I have used the serial number, part of the serial number, the device label, etc. I always receive "error: Unable to open TFDI device: device not found". If I remove the desc field, urjtag works fine.

Can anybody confirm that this feature is working with the latest builds? Especially with an FT2232 device. I should point out that I am also testing with the FT2232 MiniModule evaluation board from FTDI, too.

I did try downloading and compiling urjtag10 and also the source from Dangerous Prototype, tag of 1872, with no luck. I was hoping to add printfs and debug the app. This is another topic I may have to post.

https://code.google.com/p/dangerous-prototypes-open-hardware/source/browse/#svn%2Ftrunk%2FBus_Blaster%2Fsoftware%2FurJTAG_win32

Hey, thanks in advance for any help.

• ZmaTkar

ZmaTkar - 2014-08-26

Do not use " around desc string.