Menu

Introduction -Signman

signman
2010-11-21
2013-04-25
  • signman

signman - 2010-11-21

Hello,
    I would like to introduce myself to your group. My name is Mark Di Saverio and I am an online sign manufacturer of carved dimensional wood and acylic signs. All of my signs are a combination of hand carved and CNC machined. I use a lot of 3d models, some I make and others bought from 3d model outlets like Vectric and 3d model boutique to add 3d scenes to my signs. As an artist I would also like the option of working in clay and then scanning the finished results into the computer to be added to a sign or portraits. 

I started this online business because my fulltime job as a space shuttle mechanic is about to end as the shuttle(s) are brought  retirement. I learned about structured light scanning by watching a friend at work scan shuttle tile cavities for  numerical data for manufacturing a new tile( they are machined on a five axis cnc mill)

So I am very interested in this very inexpensive and ingenius structured light scanner Professor Hassebrook has invented-created. Just this weekend I have used the Professors software to sucessfully make some scans with the logitec LT setup, However my scans are a little rough and I have a lot to learn about the whole process. I have both  4000 and 9000 logitech cameras and I've used the 4000 for my first scans. I can't seem to get the logitech-32 for the 9000 software to work yet and any suggestions to get it working at higher resolution would help. When I open this software the preview viewer does not seem to work, all I get is a very pixelated image.
                                                  Thank you very much,
                                                  Mark Di Saverio
                                                  http://www.signsalive.net
                                                  http://www.carvedwoodsign.com

• signman

signman - 2010-11-21

I'm soryy fellows I think I posted this in the wrong place
                            Mark…..