Menu

Getting an error message when executing CSSTidy, and can't scroll in the GUI

Help
Drakonas
2015-10-30
2016-03-04
  • Drakonas

Drakonas - 2015-10-30

I am getting the following error when running CSSTidy, and your GUI won't let me scroll, regardless if I'm clicking and dragging the scrollbar or scrolling with my mouse.

I am using Notepad++ v6.8.3 on Windows 10 (Clean install after upgrade, UAC is turned off).

Returned error message: Process failed to start
    Reason could be: The process failed to start. Either the invoked program is missing, or you may have insufficient permissions to invoke the program.

Callstring was: "C:/Program Files (x86)/Notepad++/plugins/uigui/indenters/csstidy.exe" indentinput.cpp --timestamp=false --allow_html_in_templates=true --compress_colors=true --compress_font=true --lowercase_s=false --preserve_css=false --remove_last_;=false --remove_bslash=true --sort_properties=false --sort_selectors=false indentoutput.cpp

Indenter output was:

(STDOUT):
    (STDERR):

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2016-03-03

This might have to do with Administrative priveledges for the "Program Files (x86)/" directory where the plugin is installed. See this stackoverflow answer for a possible solution: http://stackoverflow.com/a/29116453/708906

I'll reproduce the answer here just in case:
      1. Run Notepad++ with Administrator rights.
      2. Install/reinstall UniversalIndentGUI using the Plugin manager.
      3. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\plugins\uigui
      4. Give Modify and Write permissions to Users for "config" and "temp" directories:
      1. Go to Properties -> Security -> Edit
      2. Select Users
      3. Check Modify
      4. Click Apply
      5. Restart Notepad++ with User rights and use UniversalIndentGUI.

Anonymous
Anonymous

Add attachments
Cancel