Menu

TVout on EPia-M (negative image!!)

Help
2005-01-12
2013-04-15
  • Nobody/Anonymous

Hi all,

I'm having this strange problem. When my Epia board boots, I can see the image on my TV (via the SVHS). Even when I'm inside X. But, as soon as I watch TV with Mythtv (CVS with XvMC enabled) or I issue a mplayer -vo xv, the screen colors are all wrong, as if I'm watching a scrambled/maxtrixized image. I have yet to find a way to revert the screen (besides doing a Ctrl-Alt-Backspace to restart X).

The unusual thing is that it only happens on the TVout(either SVHS or Composite). The CRT image is always perfect....

Also, When I play a mpeg2 file via xine/mplayer using the CLE266 acceleration, everything is fine (same thing if I watch a DVD/SVCD in Mythtv).

I've searched for similar symptoms, but have yet to find an answer....

Any help is appreciated.

Here's my setup:
    Epia ME6000
    PVR-250
    512MB Ram
    Maxtor 160Gb HD
    Fedora Core 3 (followed Jarod's excellent guide + unichrome HOWTOs)
    X.org 6.8
    DRM (from CVS)
    Unichrome (latest from CVS)
    Mythtv (CVS)
    Mplayer (recompiled with unichrome patch)
    Xine

• Micah Wedemeyer

Micah Wedemeyer - 2005-01-19

When you say "negative image" do you mean that it seems like colors are reversed?  For example, all people's faces are blue?

If so, then I have had the same problem.  I forget the exact procedure for fixing it, but it has to do with disabling Xv picture controls.  I believe it is somewhere in the TV playback options.  I had to disable it, then restart X using Ctrl-Alt-Backspace.  After that, all colors were fine.