Menu

Unicenta 3.90 problems, cash close error, load panel error & missing reports.

2015-07-07
2024-06-16
  • Justin Wolery

Justin Wolery - 2015-07-07

I have been using Unicenta 3.56 for a while and recently decided to upgrade to 3.90 and start fresh with a new MySQL DB but I have been having a few problems i need to solve and I cannot find any solutions via google or existing threads, here are my issues - any help would be appreciated:

I keep getting "Load panel error" from time to time, when i click more info it says:

com.openbravo.basic.BasicException:
    com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: The last packet successfully received from the server was 1,391,694 milliseconds ago. The last packet sent successfully to the server was 1,391,699 milliseconds ago. is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should consider either expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your application, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or using the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.

java.net.SocketException:
    Software caused connection abort: socket write error

I have tried increasing the wait_timeout vale to 28800 seconds or 8 hours or so but this still happens after a few minutes of inactivity on the client, normally its not a big deal but this happened once during a close cash recently and i got and error saying "cannot close cash" hit OK, and then it seemed to close immediatly but that sequence (close cash sequence 3) is not showing up on reports and the sales from that batch not showing up on some reports (close cash report, some sales reports) but others it shows fine, so this close cash sequence seems to be bugged, how can i correct this? I need to know mainly how to fix this bugged close cash sequence but i would like to prevent this happening in the future.

finally, I previously used a report in 3.56 called "extended product sales" but I have been unable to re-enable this report in 3.90 and it seems to be missing, how can I add this report back in? I really need this report back...

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Last edit: Justin Wolery 2015-07-11
    • uniCenta

uniCenta - 2015-08-02

Justin Wolery

Your answer is in your own post. It's in plain sight!
      The server you have set uniCenta oPOS to connect to has gone away.

Timeout IS definitely a MySQL config' issue and a very common one for those who use say use MySQL behind a web server and are inexperienced in setting up DB's - not just MySQL.

You need to resort to MySQL documentation how to resolve this properly. There is lots of info' and lots of discussions out there on the web which will help you.

One thing you must do/can try is to restart MySQL after any config changes. You should also restart the uniCenta oPOS session.

Jack

• Justin Wolery

Justin Wolery - 2015-07-07

OK quick update, i figured out what was going on with the "Product Sales:Extended" report missing, it was actually not missing but renamed to "Product Sales:Customer" while also changing the report itself to remove the "Mean price" column, which coincidentally is the column of data we needed. To fix this i thought "ok np ill just replace the new report with the old one in the unicenta folder" well that DIDNT WORK - what I had to do was replace the new extproducts.bs, extproducts.jrxml and extproducts_messages inside of Unicentapos.jar using winrar to modify the .jar file and this gave me my old report back with the new report name.

Hope this helps if your having the same issue with that report. I am still having the problem with MYSQL timeout errors and that bugged close cash sequence so if anyone has any ideas plz help.

• shyam

shyam - 2015-07-07

Did you try to reset pickup ID

• Justin Wolery

Justin Wolery - 2015-07-08

Im not sure what Pickup ID is/does or how to reset it, can you explain?

• Reiner

Reiner - 2015-07-08

in your installation folder is a file called "ResetSeq.bat" , did you trigger this one? Did you reset manually in the database?

• Justin Wolery

Justin Wolery - 2015-07-10

I have not tried running this bat file yet, when i got the close cash error it just started the next sequence normally. i guess ill backup my db real fast and give it a try.

• Justin Wolery

Justin Wolery - 2015-07-10

OK so i reset the pickup ID which did nothing to help my situation, probably due to the fact that we don't use pickup numbers, since this is just being used for retail sales of vape products. To clarify the problem i am trying to fix is related to a cash close sequence that didn't close properly/completely due to a socket timeout with my MYSQL db.

Basically the bugged sequence is missing from the cash closed report, it is number 3 in the sequence and when viewing the cash close report you see sequence 2, 4,5,6,7 but not sequence 3, some of the sales from that sequence do not show in other reports but some reports are not effected.

• Wildfox Coder

Wildfox Coder - 2015-07-10

You need to gathered more information to determine where the problem is for your setup.

This error:

com.openbravo.basic.BasicException:
    com.mysql.jdbc.exceptions.jdbc4.CommunicationsException: The last packet successfully received from the server was 1,391,694 milliseconds ago. The last packet sent successfully to the server was 1,391,699 milliseconds ago. is longer than the server configured value of 'wait_timeout'. You should consider either expiring and/or testing connection validity before use in your application, increasing the server configured values for client timeouts, or using the Connector/J connection property 'autoReconnect=true' to avoid this problem.

indicates you have a problems maintaining a stable TCP connection to your server. You should install MySQL Workbench and monitor the server for issues(see attached image). If the server and network is good, then it could be the hardware interface on the Terminal or the terminal itself going to sleep due to its settings.

For the missing sequence 3, it is most likely caused is a missing DATEEND. Using MySQL workbench(or within MySQL command-line interface) you can determine if this is the issue by using the following query:

SELECT * FROM CLOSEDCASH ORDER BY HOST,HOSTSEQUENCE;

If so just update that field in the tables with the proper close date to fix this problem.

• Justin Wolery

Justin Wolery - 2015-07-11

Thanks for your reply Wildfox, I do have MySQL workbench 6.3 installed on the client machine, the server is running on our windows 2008 server on our local network, only 2 dumb switches (gigabit) between server and client.

I Have not noticed any unusual network activity with our setup and the very same MySQL server hosts the DB for our smartlaunch POS and that does not have timeout issues, so I am not sure what if anything could be causing TCP connection to drop, unless maybe its something with the JDBC driver in unicenta...before we moved the unicenta DB to our local server it was running on a remote MySQL on our webserver without connection issues - However the speed was very slow which is why we moved it to our local server and performance improved greatly.

I have tried filling in the correct DATEEND for sequence 3 in MySQL workbench but the data from that sequence is still missing from some reports incl Cash Closed Report, i believe maybe there is also another field in some other table that is missing or must also be corrected but I am not sure what.

Perhaps one bugged close cash is not so big a deal but my OCD demands I fix this lol.

In the meantime I have prevented further close cash errors by using the auto-logoff setting in unicenta after 60 seconds but this is annoying for my staff to deal with and I would like to find better solution to these timeout issues if possible.

• Wildfox Coder

Wildfox Coder - 2015-07-11

Depending on your Gigabit switch it may be the cause of your problems. In the installation I help setup they were using a green 8-port gigabit switch at first and it would intermittently cause the TCP connection to drop due to noise within the environment. The terminal was connected with a cable run of only 10 meters so I didn't suspect it at first but at one day when I was doing the testing from a notebook I was not able to connect to the router through the switch. It worked much better by installing 2 x 5-port 100 megabit 3Com switches instead. Every once in a while the noise does bring the connection down overnight so they sometimes fine that the products don't show up in the morning. I've also told them installing CAT5 STP cable instead of UTP cable will help since the equipment has support for these cables but they didn't want to redo the cabling so I've placed a 30min logout on the terminal; they haven't seen the problem for a while now. That error is definitely a connection loss error and is something to do with your network or hardware. Since you are using windows machines make sure that you don't allow the operating system to switch the network card to sleep mode and disable green tx mode if supported by the network card.

The other reason for sequence 3 not showing up in the report is when the DATEEND is not in the range of the report. I think the changes to the CLOSEDCASH table were not saved to the database, check the CLOSEDCASH table again after you exit from the MySQL Workbench. I can only see 2 types of closed cash reports and they depend on DATEEND. What are the reports that you find not working?

• Justin Wolery

Justin Wolery - 2015-07-14

Looks like you where right about the DATEEND not being applied i just checked it again and it was NULL, realized i neglected to apply the change in workbench. The reports seem to be functioning now correctly so my only remaining issue is the timeout..

I look into your network troubleshooting suggestions and report back when i have time, after I have identified the culprit.

• robert

robert - 2015-07-29

I am using unicenta 3.90 in a win7 computer.
    HSQLDB database.
    The sale is happening fine but when trying to close at the end of day sales report it shows
    "wrn_00_000
    warning panel load error"
    "java.sql.SQLSyntaxErrorException:
    incompatible data type in operation"

I am not able to close the pos at the end of day or open at the start of the day.
    Any solutions? Thanks in advance.

• Wildfox Coder

Wildfox Coder - 2015-07-29

Robert your error code in your post has nothing to do with the error code in this post at all.

You should start a new one instead of tacking on to a post of an unrelated issue.

• uniCenta

uniCenta - 2015-08-02

Second that!

I'm going to harden-up on these hijacks in coming weeks even if done by OP themselves.

Jack

• takapon231

takapon231 - 2024-06-16

Finding the best online vape shop can be a quest for both quality products and reliable service. From premium e-liquids to cutting-edge vaping devices, the ideal vape shop offers a diverse range of options to suit every vaper's preferences. Whether you're a novice or a seasoned enthusiast, a top-notch vape shop prioritizes customer satisfaction, ensuring a seamless shopping experience from browsing to checkout. Dive into the world of vaping with confidence, courtesy of a trusted online vape shop.

Last edit: takapon231 2024-06-16