Menu

Unable to save lyrics

Help
2023-02-19
2023-10-18
  • Giorgio Cappelli

Hi
    I'm unable to save lyrics
    I add it via: track -> lyrics and save the file, but next time I open it, lyrics are empty.
    What's the bug?
    Thanks for helping :)

Edit: Seems to work now. I don't know what appened

Last edit: Giorgio Cappelli 2023-03-07
  • Giorgio Cappelli

back on my steps

I noticed that sometimes, I mean for SOME FILES, LYRICS are NOT RECORDED
    Can you tell me why or when this happens?
    thanks

• guiv

guiv - 2023-10-05

Hi
    Just 2 questions, because I can't reproduce this issue:
    1. Which version of TuxGuitar are you using, on which platform?
    2. Can you reproduce this issue? I mean: do you have a file for which this issue can be systematically reproduced (or at least often)? If so, could you provide such a file so I can investigate?

• Giorgio Cappelli

Hi
      I updated to version 1.6.0 last week, from version 1.5.6, but the problem persists.
      On guitar pro files (any version) saving the lyrics sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't, while the .tg format doesn't cause problems.
      They are files that I downloaded from gtptabs.com.
      For instance, the file linked below doesn't allow me to save the lyrics.

http://gtptabs.com/tabs/8/hendrix-jimi/angel.html

• guiv

guiv - 2023-10-12

OK, I looked at the example file. From what I understand, the .gp3 format (quite old) does not handle tracks with lyrics. There is some textual information coded in the file, but attached to specific beats. See measure 6: first beat of first track has a textual attribute "Angle came down from" (should have been "Angel" I guess!).
        So, for the example you mentioned above it seems the limitation comes from the .gp3 format, and TuxGuitar's behavior seems normal to me...
        Do you also have the same problem with more recent GuitarPro formats? If so, could you also provide one file? From TuxGuitar's source code, I see that TuxGuitar does import and export lyrics from/to GuitarPro files starting from .gp4.
        Basically, if you want to edit tabs with TuxGuitar, I highly recommend that you work with TuxGuitar native file format (.tg). It's the only way to get rid of all compatibility issues (GuitarPro formats are proprietary, so it's very difficult to guarantee full compatibility). If you want to share your work with other users not using TuxGuitar, then prefer a more recent file format like .gp5 for example. With the example file above, adding lyrics and then saving to .gp5 format works as expected.

• Giorgio Cappelli

Oh yes, I also imagine it should be "Angel" and not "Angle", definitely less poetic XD
          but it's no me the author of "geometric" horror.
          Thanks a lot anyway, I think I'll save the Guitar Pro files in TuxGuitar format if I want to work on lyrics.
          Thanks again and have a good day