Menu

TuxGuitar at GitHub instead of SourceForge

2011-05-15
2023-01-13
  • Endel Dreyer

Endel Dreyer - 2011-05-15

Hello there,

It should be nicer for the community if the main repository is on GitHub. http://github.com
    GitHub has a large amount of active users, hungry to collaborate with open source projects.

Please guys, analize the advantages of using GitHub and please migrate to there if possible.

• David

David - 2015-09-26

+1
    Even after this long time, i think it would be better to switch to github. Especially will allow everyone to participate easily.

• Ignacio Taranto

Ignacio Taranto - 2016-12-28

+1
    Git is just an awesome tool to develop, even if you dislike Github it can be another Git repo

Last edit: Ignacio Taranto 2016-12-28
  • Aaron Wolf

Aaron Wolf - 2017-05-30

I would agree that Git makes sense as a VCS and it could easily then be mirrored at GitHub. I have no real problem with SourceForge any more though (now that the new owners removed the deceptive ads and malware program).

• Bernhard Reiter

Bernhard Reiter - 2018-01-20

-0.8 as Github is a single source of failure for Free Software initiatives and uses proprietary software to host. The Jan 2018 updates of Sourceforge may also help to grow the community here again.

• Ignacio Taranto

Ignacio Taranto - 2018-12-31

I doesn't have to be Github, any git repository would suffice.

• Sven Hüster

Sven Hüster - 2018-09-15

Maybe a move to GitLab with additional automatic mirroring to GitHub could be an option?

• b4dc0d3r

b4dc0d3r - 2019-02-13

Tortoise SVN on Windows (that's what I use) is really quite convenient. I assume Git fans use the command line. And as Aaron Wolf says, the owners removed the garbage. I'm good with whatever akdmia decides.

• Ignacio Taranto

Ignacio Taranto - 2019-02-14

You have plenty of GUIs for Git, besides, learning the Git command line first is a wonderful way to learn how Git works.

Last edit: Ignacio Taranto 2019-02-14
  • David Nemeskey

David Nemeskey - 2019-02-13

FWIW, there's TortoiseGit as well.

• b4dc0d3r

b4dc0d3r - 2019-02-15

Are there really people who are more interested in version control than the code they are working on? I'm here because the TuxGuitar author is here, and I want to make changes as easy as possible to integrate.

Last edit: b4dc0d3r 2019-02-15
  • Fabien S

Fabien S - 2023-01-13

Any plan to do it now? It would be great to see it on github