Logged In: NO
Browser: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows 98)
While installing the TSE40 program, I am warned that
the program cannot replace the following files
OLEAUT32.dll and STDOLE2.tlb. The files are said to
have access denied. When I try to change the files
they are said to be in use by windows. When I try to
open TSE it tells me that it needs a newer version of
oleaut32.dll than is on my computer. What can I do?
Logged In: YES
Ahhh... Windoze DLL hell, you're not alone! Try booting
into DOS mode, and replacing these files that way. BTW, if
you have Windoze NT/2000/XP, then this will not work.
1.Just unpack the zip file, note which files you need to
2. Make a boot floppy from Windoze (will only work in
3. Reboot the computer using the boot floppy.
4. Make a backup of the files you ned to replace in
windows\system (or wherever they are).
5. Put the new files from the TSE archive in.
6. Reboot into Windoze and try running TSE again.
Hope this helps!
Log in to post a comment.
Sign up for the SourceForge newsletter:
You seem to have CSS turned off.
Please don't fill out this field.