Menu

.trigger and trigger.config missing (???)

Help
Petteri P
2020-06-13
2020-06-15
  • Petteri P

Petteri P - 2020-06-13

Hi,

I installed Trigger Rally a few weeks ago on my Acer laptop running Ubuntu 20.04.
    It initially worked fine, I played around with trigger.config file - found in .trigger folder - for a bit, experimented with 3D glasses and other stuff.

Then yesterday morning, I wanted to try out my wheel/pedal set, and the .trigger folder and thus the config file are nowhere to be found!!
    It's not in the Home directory. In fact it seems to be nowhere - the search on the file browser brings up no results. At all.
    But the game still works.
    ...obviously with the keyboard only, as I can't manipulate the config file.

Anyway, I uninstalled and purged Trigger Rally and re-installed.
    Same thing, no folder, no files, but the game works.

I'm out of ideas.
    Any help would be highly appreciated, Trigger Rally is pretty cool!!

• Onsemeliot

Onsemeliot - 2020-06-13

Is it possible that you installed a snap file instead of the regular deb package? I have no idea how exactly snap files are organised since I don't use them but it should be possible to find that out in the Ubuntu documentation.

You should be able to find out by using the "snap list" command. And associated files seem to be stored under "/var/lib/snapd/snaps".

Last edit: Onsemeliot 2020-06-13
  • Petteri P

Petteri P - 2020-06-14

The second install definitely was from snap.
    The first one ... don't recall.

Anyway, I purged and compiled.
    Still no .trigger folder.
    BUT!
    I found the writable config file from ~/.local/share/trigger-rally and am now able to modify what I wish again, so all good!

Great to play with wheel and pedals!!

• Petteri P

Petteri P - 2020-06-14

But now I have another problem....
    When I'm not pushing down gas or break pedal the car surges backwards full steam - like the break pedal would be fully engaged. Also when I do apply throttle it feels like it's not fully "on the floor".
    I configured and calibrated my set with jstest, that should be alright...
    In TR config file there's nothing to change to this effect.

Sorry to bother with my noob-stuff!!

• Onsemeliot

Onsemeliot - 2020-06-14

Sorry, unfortunately I can't help you there. At the moment we don't seem to have a contributor capable of doing something about this issue. And I have no possibility to thest this either. (I am basically just contributing new maps since I am not a programmer.)

• Petteri P

Petteri P - 2020-06-15

You helped a lot already!
    I'll wait if someone else picks this up and has something to add.

Thank you!!