Menu

New Map: "Puddles" and "Birch" tree texture

Onsemeliot
2015-08-03
2015-08-03
  • Onsemeliot

Onsemeliot - 2015-08-03

I just added the new Map "Puddles" in order to make specific use of the new water feature and to test the newly drawn "Birch" tree:

Last edit: Onsemeliot 2015-08-03
  • Andrei

Andrei - 2015-08-03

Excellent work on the new map and the new tree! I really like the atmosphere. I only think you should add more bushes and possibly more trees (but of a different kind). I only raced it once so far in the SuperEvo but ran out of time after checkpoint 15 due to a lot of crashes.

Also about the commit where you added this map: the comment reads that you "changed 'Little Island' water texture" but its level file wasn't changed in the commit. Maybe you forgot to copy the updated file to the SVN folder.

https://sourceforge.net/p/trigger-rally/code/287/

• Onsemeliot

Onsemeliot - 2015-08-03

I only think you should add more bushes and possibly more trees (but of a different kind).

Well, I plan to do so, but drawing new tees takes a lot of time. - At least if I want them to look reasonably good in the game. Therefore I need to find time for that. However, the good thing is that we can re-use them afterwards on different maps. :)

I only raced it once so far in the SuperEvo but ran out of time after checkpoint 15 due to a lot of crashes.

At least I'm not the only one incapable of using such a powerful car on a map like this.

Maybe you forgot to copy the updated file to the SVN folder.

I expected Subversion to actually recognize if files are changed, but obviously I need to include every singe file in the commit statement. (I thought mentioning the files there would only be an informal act making the commits usability better by explicitly stating which files have changed.)