Danny - 2013-11-14

My company wrote an outbound fax server using turbo power libraries over 10 years ago. We have customers sending a large volume of faxes using as many as eight external modems on a single machines going back 10-15 years ago. Recently a customer installed a new US Robotics USR5686G 56K external fax modem and discovered 20% of the jobs fail.

It seems there is a bug in AWFAX relating to Class 2.0 failing to when using a brand new US Robotics USR5686G external modem and sending to an hp office jet 6500. It dials, starts to connect but then the state machine returns“Fax Error: Fax incompatible with remote fax. 8060". xactly which part of the state machine is failing I don’t know. I’m a C++ programmer. I don’t have much delphi experience. But I notice AWFAX.PAS 4.06 has a DEFINE DebugFax that causes it to leave a trail of exactly where it is at in the state machine I’m going to try building the libraries. Does anybody know anything about how to access debug : text from C++ ?

If I find out some debug info like what the last modem command was and where at in the state machine maybe I can discover what is going wrong? Maybe it is just a simple syntax error like the modem is returning a connect string with some additional suffix the state machine doesn’t like?

If anybody has any clues about how to enable various debugging please email me. Does the debug uart dump feature reliable log the data without locking up? It used to crash/lock up last time I tried it 5 years ago and I don’t know if it was ever fixed. Also Any Class 2 or 2.0 experts out there ?

Dan Ambrose
St. Louis Missouri
dga1965@yahoo.com