Menu

Constant crashing

Help
Anonymous
2010-01-06
2013-05-28
  • Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-01-06

I’ve been using timEdition now for 6 months, was very content about it. After creating a mobileme Account und changing filsharing options today, timEdition can’t be started anymore. Constant crash when starting, even after reinstalling the programme. Is there any hint out there?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-04-26

I'm having the same prob.  But My prob just started happening out of the blue.  I updated to 10.6.3 and it still crashes.  I wonder will there be a update to this app?

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2010-04-28

Still no answers?

• orilat

orilat - 2010-05-30

I changed my mac  a few days ago from a mini to a MacBook Pro. On my mini timeEdition runs quickly and stable but after the install from my TimeMashine-Backup on the MacBook Pro it crashes every time.

The solution is:
    1. go to Your Applications folder and in the timeEdition folder
    2. right klick to the timeEdition.app and choose Information
    3. check the box "open with rosetta" or like something equal (it's translated from a german interface)

If You haven't any checkbox like that, ask Your favorite Search Engine for "rosetta mac os x install".

After that it runs like before. But I don't remember that I checked the box on my mini.

• Anonymous

Anonymous - 2011-09-07

AMAZING. Thank you.

• orilat

orilat - 2011-09-07

Isn't running on Mac OS X Lion. Solutions? Updates in common? Something else?

• Nicolas Ritter

Nicolas Ritter - 2013-01-21

I used time machine on my laptop running on 10.5.8. Now switched to new imac, running on 10.8.2, application crashes before it actually opens. Any solutions ?

• Jules Weigel

Jules Weigel - 2013-04-16

A few month later and no solution for this problem?

I also have a new imac with 10.8.2 and have the same problem.
    I don't want to look for a new time tracking tool cause I think timeEdition is the best, but when this problem will not solved fast I have no other choice.

• orilat

orilat - 2013-04-16

I'd switched to http://www.grandtotal.biz/Timings/ because I needed a solution in time. This fits on my needs and comes very close to timeEdition time tracker.

• Abseitsfaller

Abseitsfaller - 2013-04-16

Right now I am using TimeLog, the predecessor of Timings, mentioned above but it is no longer available. Timings is in the testing phase and I think that I will switch sooner or later. Porting of data shouldn´t be a problem. Imho TimeLog/Timings is the solution that comes closest to timeEdition which I used for years.

• Jules Weigel

Jules Weigel - 2013-04-16

Thank you for your fast responds. I tried now Timings and I think its OK but not so good like timeEdition. I need a view like in timeEdition where I can compare workings of the same kind.

And TimeLog has the same problem like timeEdition on my iMac it close directly after the start. I really want to know if they work on the problem or if they ignore it.