Help
2012-08-31
2012-12-17
  • Tom Vandenbelt

Tom Vandenbelt - 2012-08-31

Problems with the PAM TACACS module on the AIX Platform

• Tom Vandenbelt

Tom Vandenbelt - 2012-08-31

Had lots of problems compling the latest code (1.3.7) on an AIX Server running 6.1.  Errors included:

In file included from pam_tacplus.c:41:
    libtac/include/libtac.h:127: error: expected ';', ',' or ')' before '.' token
    libtac/include/libtac.h:136: error: expected ';', ',' or ')' before '.' token
    libtac/include/libtac.h:142: error: expected ';', ',' or ')' before '.' token

looking into the problem, it seems there was a new feature added, with variable "rem_addr"

It seems this variable name is already in use in sys/xmem.h

I named all the rem_addr to rem_addr2 and got past the initial errors, but then got some more.

I went back to an old version 1.3.2 and it compiled completely without error.

• Jeroen Nijhof

Jeroen Nijhof - 2012-09-05

That's a pity, I will look into this problem asap.

• Jeroen Nijhof

Jeroen Nijhof - 2012-09-08

I renamed rem_addr and rem_addr_len and commited the code in GIT.
    Because I don't have any AIX system available could you clone the git repo and try to compile it?

And if there are still compile errors could you send me the full compile output including the error's?

• Tom Vandenbelt

Tom Vandenbelt - 2012-09-10

Can you send me a tar file? My AIX servers are behind multiple firewalls, and haven't access to the internet. Then I'll re-compile and send the full results.

• Jeroen Nijhof

Jeroen Nijhof - 2012-09-10

You can download the tar file from http://jeroennijhof.nl/pam_tacplus-1.3.8.tar.gz
    I can't send you a message via SF with an attachment ;)