I need to print highlighted .pas sources, so i needed a converter to something like .html
syn 2.1.46 as downloaded form main sf project page
maybe it is not latest, but given as default
.pas file is made in Virtual Pascal and is incoded in Russian DOS codepage (866)
So, when i open it in syn, i see a mess insteaad of letter. Then i found deep in menu codepage conversion (in UniRed it is way more easier, even in open/save dialogs. Alas, UniRed is dead and does not have exporting/printing). Both "OEM to ANSI" and manually selecting "DOS 866 -> windows 1251" make text on screen readable ok.
Now, going for export.
Export to RTF makes it ok.
But export to HTML, which i wanted from beginning, corrupts it all. It assumes text in Latin1 encoding and neither does it specify correct encoding in HTML/HEAD/META tag, nor does it presetrve at least characters in their binary form, replacing them with &bla-vla-vla; substintutions. Those can't be converted back to human-readable characters no more.